Publication in Environmental Health Perspectives
A commentary on the Consensus Conference - the process and findings - was published in the April 2009 issue of Environmental Health Perspectives. Read A New Spin on Research Translation: The Boston Consensus Conference on Human Biomonitoring (pdf).
Video of Boston Consensus Conference Available
A video on the findings and process of the Boston Consensus Conference on Biomonitoring is now available. Email us to receive a hard copy in the mail.
Lay Panel Findings on Biomonitoring Released
The lay panel presents their findings
On December 11, 2006, participants in the Boston Consensus Conference on Biomonitoring presented their consensus statement. This event was the culmination of 2 1/2 months of hard work by a group of 14 Boston-area residents who met over three weekends in Fall 2006 to learn about and consider issues related to biomonitoring, and to have their questions answered by national experts. The results of their deliberations present an important opportunity to provide public input on the topic to policymakers, researchers, advocacy groups, and others.
Read the Consensus Statement
Panel members presented their final Consensus Statement (pdf) at the public event.
Listen to the proceedings
- Opening remarks (9M Real Media file) by David Ozonoff, Principal Investigator of the project
- Introductions (7M Real Media file) by Jessica Nelson, Conference Coordinator
- Reading of Statement (20M Real Media file) by lay panel members
- Q&A (24M Real Media file) between audience and lay panel members
- Closing remarks (5M Real Media file) by Madeleine Kangsen Scammell, Project Manager
News coverage and articles
- Listen to the WBUR story
- Read the article, Vox Populi and the Promise of Biomonitoring, published in HealthSphere (BU SPH), Spring 2007
- Read the article, Boston Consensus Conference on Biomonitoring: What's Music Got To Do With It?, published in The Networker, January 2007
- Read the Boston Globe City weekly story (12/3/06)
- Read the Press Release (pdf)